Deskera is a Naver funded Singapore based enterprise software provider having generated $180mn in funding.
Member of a new team formed to develop an ERP product for India’s SME market. The product involved digital payments, banking, and tax modules localised for Indian SME needs using India’s UPI digital payments and GST technology stacks.
Business Development and Partnerships:
- Pitched partnerships and negotiated 11 contracts with major retail banks, GST Service Providers (GSP) and other fintechs such as ICICI Bank, Vayana and Karvy GSPs, PayTM, etc. for product integrations.
- Directly responsible for relationship management with 10+ prospective clients and partners including fintech founders, product VPs at banks and GSPs.
- Led the initiative of partnering with two GSPs to make Deskera a registered Application Service Provider for providing seamless GST filing directly from the app.
Product Ideation and Analysis:
- Consulted with industry experts in accountancy and financial services such as EY, Perfios, Karza, etc. for designing processes for invoicing, tax filing, KYC, and integrated banking for payments/collections customised for Indian SMEs.
- Conducted pricing analysis by evaluating competitors’ strategies in ERP solutions, and by analysing SME involvement data in digital payments and online banking solutions obtained from firms such as KPMG, Vayana and CII
- Coordinated a cross-functional team of 8 product and engineering professionals across India and Singapore.
- Developed a Banking module allowing SME clients to collect and make payments, and access other core banking services by creating process flows, UI prototypes and PRDs.