September 2019 – April 2020
Deskera is a Naver funded Singapore based enterprise software provider having generated $180mn in funding.
Member of a new team formed to develop an ERP product for India’s SME market. The product involved digital payments, banking, and tax modules localised for Indian SME needs using India’s UPI digital payments and GST technology stacks.
Business Development and Partnerships:
- Pitched partnerships and negotiated 11 contracts with major retail banks, GST Service Providers (GSP) and other fintechs such as ICICI Bank, Vayana and Karvy GSPs, PayTM, etc. for product integrations.
- Directly responsible for relationship management with 10+ prospective clients and partners including fintech founders, product VPs at banks and GSPs.
- Led the initiative of partnering with two GSPs to make Deskera a registered Application Service Provider for providing seamless GST filing directly from the app.
Product Ideation and Analysis:
- Consulted with industry experts in accountancy and financial services such as EY, Perfios, Karza, etc. for designing processes for invoicing, tax filing, KYC, and integrated banking for payments/collections customised for Indian SMEs.
- Conducted pricing analysis by evaluating competitors’ strategies in ERP solutions, and by analysing SME involvement data in digital payments and online banking solutions obtained from firms such as KPMG, Vayana and CII
- Coordinated a cross-functional team of 8 product and engineering professionals across India and Singapore.
- Developed a Banking module allowing SME clients to collect and make payments, and access other core banking services by creating process flows, UI prototypes and PRDs.
June 2019 – September 2019
TourHQ is an online platform that connects travellers with tourism service providers that hosts 27,500 guides, in over 5,000 locations from 208 countries globally.
Responsible for handling the product team dedicated to dealing with a new product offering – Instantly Bookable Tours, that involved:
- Analysing travel market data to target areas of interest and reaching out to tour operators for partnerships.
- Conducting product and competitive analysis to determine the viability of taking on board product offerings by tour operators.
- Negotiating and communicating with partners to ensure competitive pricing and quality for our clients.
- Working with a team of market analysts and content specialists for the development of tours.
- Brought on board 45 partners with a total of 64 products adding a value of $22k to the company’s portfolio
July 2018 – May 2019
ISLP Technologies is a start-up currently incubated at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi providing solutions based on emergent technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and Distributed Ledger Technology.
My role at ISLP covers all the steps from ideation to delivery. I act as the mediator between the business and the technology, in charge of understanding market trends and requirements, and providing technology based solutions. My responsibilities include:
- Conducting market research and competitive analysis to understand product positioning and segmentation.
- Acting as a business analyst to determine the market viability of a product.
- Conceptualising product design and functionality to meet business demands.
- Building business and product requirements and defining functionality to ensure a smooth delivery.
- Determining and prioritising product functionality based on market metrics and needs.
- Understanding product applications of upcoming technologies such as AI/ML, Distributed Ledger Technology, Swarm Tech.
- Analysing customer journeys and needs, isolating problems and generating platform based solutions for each stakeholder involved.
August 2017 – October 2017
Stryker Corporation is a Fortune 500 medical technologies firm selling products in over 100 countries.
- Assisted Senior Product Manager in producing a strategy to introduce and connect three cutting-edge products obtained after Stryker acquired their biggest rivals for $700mn to a new Indian market potentially worth $300mn annually.
- Segmented and positioned the product by investigating pre-existing $3bn markets in other countries such as the US, scientific research, and surveying 11 target clients across the largest private hospitals in the country.
- Analysed large amounts of data in Excel to identify trends in the medical sector. Developed a strategy to market new products against older established modalities currently in use by using scientific literature and research data along with testimonials from current users.
Laboratory Skills, with a project on analysing telescope data to interpret the properties of a variable star. Along with Python programming for converting mathematical models into real world solutions.
Linear Algebra, Calculus and Probability; providing a stable mathematical foundation.
Theoretical Physics; developing the ability to approach real world problems mathematically.
Strong analytical skills resulting from mathematical courses and laboratory projects involving
the interpretation of data.
Solid critical thinking and problem solving skills due to a rigorous physics course requiring the
use of intelligence, creativity and practicality to find solutions.